Thursday, May 31, 2012

Joshua Meets the First Lady for the First Time

Source: Hollywood Reporter

During Joshua Ledet’s American Idol hometown visit, the season 11 finalist giddily exclaimed: "People are acting like I'm Barack Obama!"

Ledet got a chance to stand in for President Obama in New York City on Wednesday morning when he met First Lady Michelle Obama on a media stop backstage at Live! With Kelly. The 20-year-old Louisiana native tweeted a picture to his followers immediately after their photo op.



Ledet, who placed third on this year's Idol behind winner Phillip Phillips and runner-up Jessica Sanchez, entertained Kelly Ripa's studio audience with an impassioned encore of James Brown's “It’s a Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World."

"I don’t think America sees how much it means to me," he said of his Idol run. "I think they thought I was bummed I went home in third, but I was actually excited and happy that I made it that far."

Ledet is making the most out of his New York trip. The charitable preacher’s son visited a children’s hospital, and tweeted that he “saw some very special kids! Love them all!” He also squeezed in some time to see a Broadway Show – Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark – and jumped on stage at Birdland jazz club (view photos from these events in the gallery) this week for an impromptu performance backed by Idol's music director Michael Orland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am NOT Joshua Ledet! Personal messages to him will be deleted. Any inappropriate, spam, or silly comments will also be deleted. Thank you for understanding!