Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Unseen Standing Ovation

Source: Zap2It (May 10, 2012)



Joshua Ledet had the judges squirming in their seats ready to give a standing ovation only halfway through his "American Idol" Top 4 performance of James Brown's classic "It's a Man's Man's Man's World," but there's another important "Idol" player who felt the performance so deeply he almost fell over: Nigel Lythgoe.

They didn't catch it on camera, but Zap2it observed the "Idol" producer become so deeply moved that he flailed out of his seat during the performance once Ledet hit his gorgeous high note. "I did see that, I'm not even going to lie," Ledet says of the boss man's near-fall. "All I saw was his legs in the air and I was like, 'Oh my God, what did I do?' I wanted to laugh so bad but I just kind of held it all in."

As for one of Ledet's other big moments, his duet of Maroon 5's "This Love" with Phillip Phillips, the singer says he was pleased with the performance. "I love Phillip, he's like a brother to me," he says.

Despite the fact that they're the only two guys left on the show, there's no competitiveness in their relationship. "Oh no, look -- at this point I don't think anybody cares. We're all winners and we support each other. We want our friends to win -- that's how much we love each other. Seeing somebody going home every week -- it's sucks."

And in case you were wondering, no -- Ledet still doesn't have Jimmy Iovine's phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am NOT Joshua Ledet! Personal messages to him will be deleted. Any inappropriate, spam, or silly comments will also be deleted. Thank you for understanding!